Join the UnderCurrents team! We are always looking for new members to help with peer review, editing, and production/publishing. Our journal would not be possible without the dedication of our volunteers.
Peer reviewers are the foundation of academic publishing. Our journal would not be able to produce high-quality content without reviewers providing timely and constructive feedback on submissions. Consider joining our peer review team and ask others to do so, too!
Benefits to reviewing for UnderCurrents:
- Keep up with the latest research
- Showcase your expertise and get experience with the publishing process
- Build your CV
Who can be a peer reviewer?
We are seeking reviewers who:
- have a graduate degree (e.g., MA, MSc, MES, PhD) or are in the process of obtaining one
- can provide timely and constructive feedback to authors and journal editors
- may have expertise with the theme of our vol. 22 "Below," focusing on understandings of the subterranean and subaquatic
- are at any stage of their career
To become a peer reviewer:
- Please register with the journal and check the box saying "Yes, I would like to be contacted with requests to review submissions to this journal." OR
- If you already have an account: login, click Edit Profile in the drop down menu in the top right, then select reviewer in the roles tab.
Be sure to specify your reviewing interests to help us assign you to submissions.
We anticipate the peer review period to be Dec. 2022 to Jan. 2023. Reviewers are expected to submit their reviews within 4-6 weeks of agreeing to review assigned submissions.
Production Team/Publishing House
Our Production Team/Publishing House is responsible for journal operations. We are seeking undergraduate and graduate students to fulfill production/publishing roles. At this time, we are recruiting volunteers for the following roles:
- Social Media Assistant
- Event Planner
For any inquiries about or to express your interest for production/publishing roles, please email Laura and Melvin at email@example.com.